JZID is hiring a part-time Interior Design intern to support our project load. I'm looking for someone with a great eye for design and who is eager to learn the ins and outs of a full-service design firm. The ideal candidate must possess very strong creative passion, organization, communication, and time management skills.
ON A DAILY BASIS, YOU WILL BE...
- Assisting with the project planning phase by doing site measures and taking photos
- Specifying furniture, lighting, décor, fixtures, finishes, millwork and flooring for projects
- Collecting material samples and working with reps for pricing
- Creating design presentation boards and elevation drawings
- Coordinating and tracking shipments
- Administrative duties as necessary to maintain client files and keep sample library organized
- Running necessary errands (such as picking up samples and materials)
- Working to draft and adjust floor plans, elevations and 3D renderings
- Writing blog posts and posting on social media about design trends and current projects
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS/CHARACTERISTICS...
- Obtained or are working on obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Art-related field
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to meet deadlines and very attentive to detail
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Spatial planning skills with an eye for creative product and material selections in order to produce beautiful, functional and creative spaces for residential and commercial clients
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Google SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office required
- Functional automobile, as candidate will need to run errands, attend client meetings and visit job sites. Projects range from Milwaukee Metro area, Madison and Northern IL
If you feel you meet these requirements and would be a great candidate for this position, please email me your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours are negotiable and can be discussed during the interview.
I'm excited to see what talent comes my way!