I am so excited to announce that I am ready to hire my first employee! I am hiring a Junior Interior Designer to help make creative residential and commercial remodels come to life. JZID is looking for someone who can offer a great eye for design and who wants to learn and grow with our company. The ideal candidate must possess very strong creative passion, organization, communication, and time management skills.
On a daily basis, you will be...
- Meeting with clients, taking notes and answering questions
- Assisting with the project planning phase by doing site measures and taking photos
- Specifying furniture, lighting, décor, fixtures, finishes, millwork and flooring for projects
- Obtaining material samples and working with reps to price out all items
- Creating design presentation boards and materials
- Coordinating shipments and final installation
- Generating purchase orders
- Administrative duties as necessary to maintain client files and keep sample library organized
- Running necessary errands (such as picking up samples and materials, delivering to clients)
- Working to draft and adjust floor plans, elevations and 3D renderings of the design
- Working as Lead Designer on smaller scale client projects
- Meeting at the project site with contractor and sub-contractors
- Writing blog posts on design trends and current projects
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/characteristics...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or art-related field
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to meet deadlines and very attentive to detail
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying workloads while working independently
- Spatial planning skills with an eye for creative product and material selections in order to produce beautiful, functional and creative spaces for residential and commercial clients
- Ability to plan ahead, help clients make decisions, identify red flags and be aware of deadlines in order to help keep construction jobs on schedule
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Google SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office required
- Functional automobile, as candidate will need to run errands, attend client meetings and visit job sites. Projects range from Milwaukee Metro area, Madison and Northern IL
If you feel you meet these requirements and would be a great candidate for this position, please email me your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm excited to see what talent comes my way!